"Only the truly intrepid traveler has wandered this lonely path."
Adjusting back to my current tame life was easy. It is so easy to live like this. There is so much less stress knowing where I will sleep every night, but a bed in my room is not better than a hammock somewhere new. They are just different. And so I go. Another grand adventure laid out ahead of me. Tomorrow I will catch a late flight from Denver Colorado to Fairbanks Alaska. Waiting for me there right now is Gerry from Russia (I'm in Asia). From Fairbanks we will head north to the Arctic circle then south again. If nothing stops me I may end up in Ushuaia Argentina, the world's southernmost city, I've heard it's lovely.
My bike has been given another overhaul. The only pieces left from when I first bought it are the blue frame and the front derailleur. It gets better with every iteration. This setup steers like a tug boat, accelerates like a school bus and is as cushy as a park bench; trade offs I happily accept for its indestructibility.
Of course my hammock comes along again. I am so excited to be spending my nights hanging among the trees. My guitar comes too. I've gotten better and may soon be able to use it to entertain someone other than myself.
Follow along if you will. I'll be posting stories and pictures here as regularly as I can. The link on the top right side of this blog takes you to see where I camp every night. I don't know my route yet so it is a mystery to me too how I'll get to where I am going. I bet it will be interesting though.
Jacob
That is one super cool bike.
A fish-eye lens will be coming along.
My first test ride. If I continued down that street and never came back I would have been fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment